- The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
- We all know that light travels faster than sound. That’s why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak.
- The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.
- Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school.
- The majority of the stupid is invincible and guaranteed for all time. The terror of their tyranny, however, is alleviated by their lack of consistency.
- Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.
- Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen.
- Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably, they are both disappointed.
- Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.
- If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut.
- The equation for ego is: One over Knowledge.
- With fame, I become more and more stupid, which of course is a very common phenomenon.
- People are like bicycles. They can keep their balance only as long as they keep moving.
- Intellectuals solve problems, geniuses prevent them.
- The hardest thing in the world to understand is the income tax.
- Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods.
- As a human being, one has been endowed with just enough intelligence to be able to see clearly how utterly inadequate that intelligence is when confronted with what exists.
- When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That’s relativity.
- The only reason for time is so that everything doesn’t happen at once.
- If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the tailor.
- You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat.
- If I had an hour to solve a problem, I’d spend 55 minutes thinking about the problem and 5 minutes thinking about solutions.
- If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal. Not to people or things.
- I must be willing to give up what I am in order to become what I will be.
- Mathematics is, in its way, the poetry of logical ideas.